Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Do As I Say And Not As I Did

This is another mommy bragging moment so if you already sick of it then don't read on, but I am mostly doing it cause I need to write this down and this is the only way I do it lately so enjoy it if you like. When I lived in CA, I was a girl scout. I remember it being really fun doing lots of fun things, going on campouts, and selling girl scout cookies. One of the activities that we had was to go to an ice capades show. The bad thing was that it was on a Sunday. I really really wanted to go and I knew that my parents wouldn't let me. I remember asking them if I could go and they gave me the whole spill of keeping the sabbath day holy and that we don't do those things and blah blah blah and then they told me that it would be my choice. I think they were thinking I would make the right choice, well they were wrong. I was so out of there, and I went to see the show. I remember I could not even enjoy the show cause I felt so bad about not doing what I should and for letting my parents down, but I did what every kid would do, right?
Well that is what I used to think until a couple of Sundays ago one of Braxton's friends dad goes up to Brendan during church and asked if they could take Braxton up to Chuck-E-Cheese with them after church. Brendan told him that he have to talk to me to see. When Brendan talked to me I was like No way It's Sunday, duh. But then we thought that since he had been baptized that he knew what he was supposed to do and that he could make his own decision. I was a little skeptical because I thought for sure he would be like ok thanks I am going. We told Braxton during Sacrament that he got invited and that he would decide if he should go or not. You should of seen the color drain from his face when he heard this. He was having such a hard time cause he wanted to do what was right, but he really wanted to go to Chuck-E-Cheese. He kept saying that this was to hard for him to choose, he wanted us to make the decision but we wouldn't. I think he said like 5 prayers to help him. Finally after Church we went home and he had to make his choice cause his friend was waiting on him, and he chose to not go. We were so proud of him. He is such a better kid than Brendan and obviously I was when we were that age. We would of been gone to Chuck-E-Cheese so fast. So thank heavens sometimes our kids do as we say and not as we did.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

That is awesome. You know what happend when I gave Braydon the choice. I had to bag the whole "free agency" thing!
I think that Braxy's mom and dad should take him to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate his good choice!
When are you guys going to come to my house before Disney???

Bobbilynn said...

That's so cute. I was the kind of kid that LOVED sleeping over at grandma's house on saturday night cause she took us OUT to dinner after church. so don't feel that bad about your little icecapades. Braxton is a good little boy. I'm sure you guys had a really proud moment.

Liz said...

You should be proud. What a good kid.
liz

Anonymous said...

HE is such a good boy

THIS IS BRADY

Adam and Kami said...

Amber- Could your kids be any sweeter! Are you and Brendan going to State Wrestles next week? I would love to see you!

Nicole said...

Amber-Time to update! I bought a couple of ponchos today in case it rains in Disneyland.(It rained here today.) Let the countdown begin!!!!!!