Friday, January 9, 2009

Goodbye 2008 Hello 2009

I can not believe that it is already 2009. This past year flew by way too fast. 2008 was another great year for us. I just thought I would put down some of the highlights of our past year.

At the beginning of the year I received a new calling to serve in the Primary as 1st counselor. This calling has been such a blessing in my life and I have learned so much from it. I think being in the Primary is the best calling in the Church.

At the beginning of March my little family and my brother's family went to Disneyland. I always get so excited when we go to Disneyland. Kyra got to meet Cinderella who is her favorite princess. When she seen her she ran right up to her and gave her a big hug. It was so cute! We had a blast!



Another highlight of the year was Kyra was potty trained. YEAH!! I was starting to think she was going to be in diapers forever. It is not fun having two in diapers. One more to go and no more diapers forever.
We had a couple of additions to our family. In March Brendan's sister Nicole had a baby boy. We now have four nephews and two nieces.
In June Brendan got a yellow lab puppy. I am not a big animal lover, but I do end up loving our dogs. I just can't wait till he gets out of the puppy stage.
Ok so this one is for Brendan. I know that this is probably his number 1 highlight of the year. He got a pretty big buck. Awesome huh? I know your dying to know what it scored, but sorry I don't know.

I can not believe this but Braxton turned eight this year and was baptized by his dad. He was able to be baptized with his cousin. It was such an awesome day.
We have a few things this year to look forward to. The end of February we are going to Disneyland again. I know it is nuts that we are going again, but when we found out that almost all of Brendan's family is going we didn't want to miss out on the fun. Plus I am always game for Disneyland. I just hope my kids don't think this will be a yearly thing. After this trip it will probably be awhile before we go again.
This July we have a big Ashton Family reunion in Island Park, Id. It is real close to Yellowstone so I think we are going to go early and make a little vacation out of it.
In September Ty comes home. I am really looking forward to when he returns. He is doing such an awesome job, and I am so proud of him.



This year I also am going to get my butt into shape. That is my number one resolution for this year. My baby is almost two years old so it is about time I get rid of my baby weight. We just bought an elliptical machine so I don't have any excuses.
As each year passes I realize more and more how lucky I am. I am so grateful for my husband who loves me and is so good at telling me all the time. I am so grateful to be blessed with three children. I am so grateful that they are all healthy. I feel so thankful that we have a home to live in and that Brendan and I are both employed so that we can pay our bills. I am so grateful for our families and all that they do for us. I am grateful for the gospel and the happiness it brings in our lives.









4 comments:

Nicole said...

What the heck baby weight are you talking about?! You must be crazy lady. You look amazing! We can't wait for Disneyland either! I've started stashing a few things away already.

Liz said...

How fun to go to disneyland. Tyson asks if we can go about every day! It's ok to go yearly.. just start saving huh? I have heard of people that buy yearly passes, and then just go the week before the next time so they work again! Sounds like you had a fun year!
Liz

Stephanie said...

Baby weight?? You are skinny, crazy girl:) I love Dland too, but haven't been in forever. We have talked about taking Nate, but I think he is still too young to appreciate it all....especially considering the cost:) I can't believe how BIG Ty is.!!! I guess I haven't seen him since we were in high school. Crazy!

Bobbilynn said...

Hey thanks for giving me your blog address! for some reason it's saying that I have too many people looking at my blog but I deleted a few email addresses that I knew weren't being used (i had a couple duplicates) and you should be getting the invite sometime soon. Let me know if you don't k?