Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ok so I was told I need to update since it has been awhile, but I have just been really busy lately for a couple of reasons. I have been wanting to write a post about my brother's wife's brother (hopefully that isn't confusing) but I just didn't really know what to put until today. This boy has been battling cancer for about a year and a half. He found out that he had bone cancer the june after he got out of high school. They started right away on chemo and then they removed the tumor from his hip. The next April he was supposed to be done with chemo and he was so looking forward to it cause chemo was pretty rough on him. He would get really sick, he couldn't eat cause his mouth would just be full of sores, and he lost a lot of weight. I think he maybe had a month left of his chemo when they found another tumor. This time it was in his lung. So he had to go through some more chemo and another surgery. Anyways this poor kid went through alot of different types of treatments and surgery this past year and a half and two weeks ago the doctors finally told him that they were so sorry but there was nothing else they could do. And sadly, he passed away today. I feel so sad for his family cause he will be deeply missed, but I know without a doubt he is in such a better place. A couple of days after the doctors had told them that there was nothing else they could do he was able to go through the temple and receive his own endowments. I guess he just loved it he was telling his family that there was only two times since he had cancer that he wasn't in pain. One time was when he was able to go deer hunting and he shot a deer and the other was when he was in the temple. He went through on a Thursday and the next day they were able to go to the Draper temple's open house and then the next day he went downhill from there. I know that Heavenly Father blessed him so that he could take care of those last few things while he was on this earth. These past few weeks had really made me realize what is important in life and how precious our families are. His family is such a close family with such a strong testimony that I know, that they know, they will see him again, and what a blessing that is to have that knowledge of eternal families.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh Amber I hadn't heard. Please give Emily a big hug for me.

Liz said...

That is so sad, but at least he got to have a few days without pain.
Hope the family is doing well
liz

Unknown said...

That just makes me so sad. I talked to your mom today and it's hard to understand why stuff like this has to happen. One day we will understand. Give Brian and Emily my love.