Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Christmas Time

It is officially Christmas at our house. Our house is all decked out in the Christmas decorations. Our tree this year is a really pretty one. It's is probably one of the best ones yet. Our tradition for getting our Christmas tree is a little different than others I think. Ours does not involve the whole family going and picking the perfect tree. Our tradition is Brendan going out with just his dog and hiking who knows where and finding the perfect tree. This year I made a suggestion that since we now have a truck that the whole family could fit in, why don't we all go together and get a tree this year. He said, "And break tradition?" The more I thought about it I like it this way a lot better, that it not my thing, hiking around the mountains to find a tree. Brendan loves being in the mountains so he doesn't mind. Brendan did wait til Brax got home from school so he went with him and they had a good time. I think our tradition will now involve Braxton. We put our tree up yesterday and we finally decorated it today. (not until after I had my Sunday nap though). I wish I could say that I love it, but I really don't. I don't like the mess that it brings, and I do not like stringing the lights. Brendan leaves that job to me since he gets the tree he says I have to string the lights. I usually have to redo it a couple of times. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have a fake tree just cause the lights are already on it and ready to go, but that is the only reason.




The kids had fun helping decorate this year. Since we brought the tree in I think Braxton asked me a hundred times when we were going to decorate.
Link




Brenna even helped. Her job was the hand the ornaments to us. At first we wouldn't let her help and kept telling her no, and she was so sad. Finally we let her help and we didn't have any broken bulbs. We tried to put most of the ornaments up high because I know that it is going to be to tempting for her to not touch them. The picture that I took of Kyra didn't turn out, but she helped too.





No comments: