Thursday, November 20, 2008

What a Party

Braxton's birthday was at the beginning of the month but he wanted to wait until his cousins from Nevada could be there before he had his party. I am probably the worst mom, but this is the first friends party that we have given him. We were able to talk him out of it every other year. I didn't even try this year I think he was due for one. When we were writing out the invitations we invited quite a few kids not thinking that they would all come because I didn't want him to leave anyone out, didn't want any kids getting their feelings hurt. Well all of them but two came, there were 21 kids there. Good thing we had it at the pool.
After they swam we went outside and opened presents and had cake and ice cream. You can't tell by the picture but they were all freezing. Not very nice of me to have them go outside when they were all wet and it wasn't that warm, but there were too many kids to do it inside. Once they got running around I don't think any of them cared, except maybe their moms.

The next day Braxton and his cousin Braydon, who is just one month older, got baptized. These two boys have been such good buddys since they were born. I am so proud of them, and their dads did such a good job too. It was such an awesome day!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That WAS quite a party!!! Those kids had a great time. I don't think they even noticed the cold. Kids are funny that way. Thanks for waiting for us. Braydon never understands why we can't just run up any old time.