Sunday, November 23, 2008

Date Night?

Brendan's friend Cody Hare started to do MMA fights which is like Ultimate Fighting at a lower level. Anyways he had a fight this Saturday at the Blackhawk arena. I am not a big fan of the sport, but we don't get to go out by ourselves that much so we got the Grandparents to babysit and I went along. Cody didn't win but the match up wasn't very fair. Anyways He didn't know that since I went with him to the fight he has to go with me to go see "Twilight". He doesn't think he is going, but we'll see. I remembered to bring my camera along because I was planning on blogging about our little date night, if you can call it that, but my lovely husband would not take a picture. He keeps telling me not to post any pictures of him. He reminded me that it is illegal and I told him to sue me. He is being so weird about it. So anyways since he was being so difficult I told him I was going to dedicate a post just to him with lots of pictures. So stayed tuned.


I do want to tell a funny story that happened right after the deer hunt. If you know me you know that I hate the deer hunt it's because I do not have a husband from July till the end of the hunt. You can tell when the hunting season is coming cause all the men stop shaving and they start to grow their hunting scruff. I personally don't like facial hair so luckily Brendan is not allowed to have too much facial hair at work so he hasn't been able to grow his hunting scruff in the years past. This year was a different story. He had a whole month off of work and yep he didn't shave that whole time. He of course waited till the last day to get his deer and the next day he had to work. So that night he shaved after all the kids were in bed and he was already gone to work when they got up. When Brendan got home the next day it was a little different than usual. The girls are alway so excited to see Daddy they always run to him and give him a big hug. Well this morning when he walked through the door Kyra looks at him and instead of running to him she asks "Are you my daddy" He either looked totally different to her with his beard gone or he had been gone way too much hunting. But its all good now in the Robins home we have our dad and husband back at least until next year.



He is going to kill me for posting another picture of him, but I thought you should see a visual of this lovely hunting scruff. (Love ya babe please don't kill me)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Uh... I'm not sure where to start. What is it about Brendan's facial hair that makes him look like a pervert? Just kidding little brother. I love ya anyways!!!
What is up with the fighting thing? Wasn't wrestling traumatizing enough? It was for me! That stuff is hard to watch.
I wish you could've come to twilight with me. We had so much fun. I want to read the book and go again.

Ang said...

Hi Amber. I found you through Jamie, and thought I'd say HI! You really have a darling family. Take care. Spot by our blog when you get a second!! C-ya. Angeline
p.s. I absolutely and 100% know what you are going through with both the hunting and the crazy, beat 'em up fighting. AAAHHHH! :) Gotta love them though, right?!